The aim of the NYSO Intermediate Courses is to help students at a critical stage of their musical development to ‘Make Connections’ between all the different musical experiences coming at them.
Realising that theory, aural and physical response to rhythm all come together at the point where performance begins, is an eye-opener for young players.
Playing level: Grade 5 to grade 8 standard and above
Ages: up to 17
Course dates 2019
Easter, 13 – 18 April – Felsted School, Felsted, CM6 3LL
18 April – Easter course workshops all are welcome
Intermediate orchestra 1 – 13.30 – 14.30 Intermediate orchestra 2 – 15.00 – 16.00
Summer, 24 – 30 July – Monmouth School for Girls, Hereford Road, Monmouth, NP25 5XT
Fees. (Easter & Summer courses)
2019 – £1690 (includes £250 non-refundable place acceptance deposit)
Applications to audition for 2020 orchestra membership are now accepted
Audition Information & Requirements.
- An official accompanist will be provided at all live auditions.
- One piece of your own choice
- One 2 octave and one 3 octave scale and their respective arpeggios (both separate and slurred 7 notes to a bow)
- One double stop scale of your choice in either 6ths, 3rds or octaves
- 3 short orchestral excerpts which will be sent 2-3 weeks before audition date. If you are auditioning by DVD, these will be sent 2-3 weeks before submission deadline.
2019 auditions for 2020, dates and location tbc.
NYSO’s bursary scheme exists for students from families who would find it difficult to meet the costs involved in attending NYSO courses.More Info
NYSO are delighted to be in partnership with the Junior Guildhall School of Music and Drama. Students of the Junior GSMD who missed the auditions may be considered for a place in NYSO, at the discretion of the Music Director and places being available, following a recommendation from their string teacher and audition.